Discover the Reasons To Use Node JS by Most Companies
Node JS initiates in running asynchronous, single threaded and non-blocking programming that is memory efficient. It can generate dynamic page content can create, read, write, open, delete and close files on the server. It can also collect form data, can add, modify, and remove data in the database. The tasks in the Node JS files are executed on certain events. The extension used for the Node JS files is .js, and they must be initiated on the server before having any effect. Node JS could be run in the browser as a standalone application. Node.js uses an event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that makes it be efficient and lightweight.
Reasons for Using Node JS in Developing a Website
- It’s Fast:-The event loop is the real scenario behind the execution of Node.js. It is the single thread that performs all the I/O operations asynchronously. When a Node application performs an I/O operation, it sends an asynchronous program to the event loop, coupled with a callback function and then continues to execute the rest of its program. The event loop then returns to the task to execute its callback, when the async operation completes.
- Modules and Community:-The package manager of Node.js npm executes in a fast, robust and consistent way. It can manage complexities by specifying and installing project dependencies. It avoids the version conflict, by keeping the packages isolated from other projects. While using Node.js, it allows in using the same language on the server, on the client, and in the database. The data can be kept in its native JSON format from browser to disk.
- Real-time, Made Easy with WebSockets:-The Node.js can be used effectively in many concurrent connections real-time web applications, multi-user games, and chatting applications. It makes easy with WebSocket through the use of the WebSocket protocol. Through the two-way communication channel of the WebSockets, the server can push data to the client and as well as the client to the server.
- Streaming Data:-Node.js performs excellently at handling I/O streaming data. It can read or write I/O streams to WebSockets as similarly it can read and write streams to HTTP.
- Corporate Sponsorships & The Linux Foundation:-Though Node.js is an open-source environment, yet it has corporate sponsorship and employee involvement from Microsoft, Paypal, Walmart, etc. and is also a part of the Linux Foundation.
- Hosting Options Galore:-With the fast adoption of Node.js in several environments, the hosting with Node.js has also increased at a rapid rate with the provision of several hosting options. The hosts like Platform-as-a-Service providers reduce deployments to a single command.
It is the tool provided to the developers for working in the non-blocking and event-driven I/O paradigm. With the implementation of Node.js in building websites, it has increased the standard of the websites thus making it a popular technology among most of the web development companies India.
Impact of Node JS in Building Websites
Among the several benefits of Node.js, the single-threaded environment of Node.js is often considered a drawback of the technology. A CPU-bound task can block the event loop thus resulting in seconds of delay for all the Node.js website users. The heavy computation can block up the Node’s single thread and cause problems for all the clients. The incoming requests would be blocked until the previous calculation is completed. Due to its extraordinary potentiality and immense contribution in improving the website development have attracted the majority of the companies in using Node.js package. The developer needs to be seriously careful for not allowing an exception to bubble up to the core Node.js event loop that would cause the Node.js instance to terminate. A discussed earlier in this article; the node package manager NPM comes by default in the package with every Node.js installation. The chatting applications are the most real-time, multi-user application that uses Node.js. It is an instance for the data-intensive application implementing Node.js that runs across distributed devices thus leaving a wide impact on the real-time and multi-user applications.
The adoption of Node.js by most of the companies has increased its implementation in the real-time applications with several benefits and convenience in running programs in web browsers and web servers. As discussed in this article previously, the notable improvement in execution speed and scalability of the websites for using Node.js is an incredible achievement in the website development industry. Recently the Node.js technology is also actively used in enterprise-level software development.
February 11, 2019
November 14, 2018
October 24, 2018