If you are still muddled with what sort of questions you are going to be asked in your interview? Right here we have a list of top 30 PPC interview questions & solutions 2018 that will help you in giving the interview with confidence
1. How will you manage the Google Quality Score?
Google’s quality score is base on three things: Keyword, ad text and landing page relevance. To maintain the highest possible score, it is the best to use fewer keywords and uses smaller, targeted ad groups. This way, we can write more targeted copy that will more likely find its niche. PPC experts should be familiar with quality scores, how they work and how to improve its score.
2. Can you explain how the Google auction or bidding works?
The auction process goes like this:
- When a user enters a search, AdWords pulls all the ads whose keywords match the particular search.
- From the ads, that is not eligible, such as ads that target a different country or have been disapproved will be ignored.
- From the ads remaining, only those with a high enough Ad rank will show the result.
It is the crucial stage of your campaign, so make sure anyone involved with it, knows the process and how to get the most of it.
3. How does Ad rank affect cost per click (CPC)?
When it comes to CPC (the annual amount of you are charged per click), the most you will end up paying is the minimum amount required to hold your ad position. In the search network, ads that appear above in the search results generally have a higher CPC than those that appear below in the results.
4. What is the click -through rate (CTR), and how it is calculated?
CTR is a ratio that shows how many people are clicking on your ads after seeing it. It is calculated by dividing the number of clicks by the number of impressions. The total number of clicks divided by the total number of impressions=click -through rate
5. What are some things you can do using the Google AdWords API, and would you recommend it?
While the AdWords API offers a variety of tools and functions. It should be used only by those with dedicated engineering services and needs that can’t meet through other AdWords tools. Make sure you hire an expert who knows when to call the API and when not to call.
6. What third-party tools do you use for keywords research?
There are lots of tools for keywords research apart from Google keyword planner tool. Make sure you are aware of the following:
- Google AdWords Planner tool
- Bing Keyword Research Tool
7. Why it is recommended to separate Display Network campaigns from Search Network campaigns?
The answer may vary by the campaign to campaign, through Google explains that different campaign setting may be more effective on different networks.
8. What is on-schedule indicator (OSI)?
It is the percentage likelihood the campaign will deliver all impressions booked.
9. How long should advertisers wait after creating a new display campaign before analyzing its performance?
Google’ answer is two to three weeks.
10. What do managed placements allow advertisers to do?
Bid differently for specific placements on the Google Display Network.
11. How is the Bing Quality Score calculated?
Like Google, the Bing score is calculated based on the expected click-through rate (CTR), ad relevance and landing page experience.
12. How can I improve my ad’s position in Bing?
In Bing, you want to be in the top spot. To get there Bing lists some suggestions, including increasing the relevance of your ad, landing page, call to action and more.
13. In Bing what are the differences between search ads and content ads?
Ads are separated into search and content ads on Bing. Search ads are equivalent to Google search ads, while content ads mirror display ads. Content ads are shown in Windows app in the content network.
14. Do you recommend using Amazon Bid+ for bidding?
Bid+ allows Amazon to raise bids up to 50 percent and may not be best if you are managing ad spend.
15. How are Amazon ads displayed and how do you improve your ad placement?
Amazon ads are displayed at the top of the search, right, middle, and bottom or on the product detail pages. Like other PPC campaigns, the display position is affected by search relevance, keywords and landing page.
16. How can I get more campaign impression on my Amazon Sponsored Product Campaign?
On Amazon increasing your number of keywords and the number of products in your campaign may have the effect, as well as increasing your budget.
17. Which match type will be most effective for my Sponsored Product Campaign?
Similar to AdWords, Amazons offers the exact match, phrases match and broad match.
18. What are the benefits of remarketing?
A PPC expert should be familiar with remarketing and able to outline its many benefits including:
- Targeting users when they are most likely to buy.
- Lists created for specific purposes.
- Large-scale reach.
19. Is my site able to handle tracking requirements to ensure the remarketing campaign work?
Before beginning your remarketing campaign, you will need to make sure your site is able to support the required pixels or codes.
20. What are the most important KPIs to measure success?
Remarketing like any other campaign comes with a set of metrics to keep track of. Those include CTR, cost per click (CPC), effective cost per acquisition (eCPM) and return on investment (ROI). Before you start, make sure you know what your goal is.
21. What types of remarketing are and which is the best for my campaign?
Remarketing is not one-size-fits-all. Within the ad type, there are options including.
- Site remarketing.
- Search remarketing
- Email remarketing.
- Social Media Remarketing.
22. Which audience segment should I target?
Once you have decided the type remarketing, the next step is choosing a segment. An expert should be able to tell you the differences between the general visitors, specific product visitors, and previous customers and so on and which is most appropriate for the given campaign.
23. Should I use a list automatically created by AdWords?
When you initially create a remarketing campaign, AdWords will create default lists for you to use or you can choose to create a website remarketing list on your own.
24. What kinds of budgets are available on Facebook?
There are two types of budgets available on Facebook.
- Daily budgets.
- Lifetime budgets.
25. How are budgets related to campaign and account spending levels?
When it comes to money and budgets, you and your PPC expert should have a clear understanding of how it will be used and what will be accomplished. Make sure you are both familiar with Facebook’s campaign budgets and spending levels.
26. How can I increase the number of impression on my ad?
Few or low impressions could point to a number of things.
- Budget is too low.
- The same people are seeing your ad repetitively.
- Your target audiences are overlapping.
27. What do you consider when writing an ad?
When it comes to writing text ads, you will want to hear answers that include a call to action (CTA), visuals, attention-grabbing headline and more.
28. How do you test ad copy?
A good PPC expert knows the value of testing and should be prepared to test content factors such as pricing, punctuation, emotional appeal and CTAs.